01709 368 805
About Nordic Walking
Nordic Walking is endorsed by the NHS and Public health and scientifically proven to be effective for a range of conditions as well as to meeting specific fitness goals.
We deliver sessions both on a one to one basis for rehabilitation and in classes when Learning to Nordic Walk. You can then progress to choosing and attending regular walks including Workout walks and Adventure walks depending on the type most suitable to you. We also run free taster sessions. We are delivery partners to the Nordic Walking UK and Exercise Anywhere ensuring we follow their high standards of teaching.
What is it?
Nordic Walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking — it makes something we learn to do as babies …. twice as effective! Nordic Walking uses poles to in order to add two major benefits to walking
- The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
- The poles help to propel the walker along – this means you works harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
- Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking, hill walking or trail running as the poles are not planted in front of the walker/runner but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body.
- It can be done by anybody, anywhere and does not require expensive equipment or clothing. Nordic Walking is the fastest growing fitness activity in the world and is used by individuals, personal trainers, health clubs, physiotherapists, doctors and health promoters because it is highly effective, affordable and FUN!
- Nordic Walking technique MUST be learnt correctly if the participant is to get the most out of the activity – the full Health technique that ensures the whole body works efficiently is only taught by qualified instructors
Beneficial for all
Nordic Walking is quite unique in that it provides benefits for everybody from those with medical problems to the super fit. Whatever age, fitness level or goal, – Nordic Walking is suitable, effective and enjoyable.
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the Heart and Lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster then normal without feeling the effort
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
- Can be done anywhere – no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
- It appeals to all ages and fitness levels.
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
- It’s very sociable participants can chat as they go!
- It is easy to learn and to keep up.
- It combines exercise with the nature which has been proven to boost mood
For more information visit: http://www.nwukrotherham.co.uk/